• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Break Market Link

Apr 30, 2016
Lincoln
I've got a Team Blackout GApps package. If the Playstore updates them they will lose there.....blackness. I've used TiBu's break market link and it works only until the next boot. I have automatic updates off, but it is still annoying. Anybody know a solution? Or maybe I'm using TiBu wrong?

Thanks

Last edited:
The "break market link" in Titanium hasn't worked properly for a few years, since Google changed the way the market links worked. You are not doing it wrong, it's just that Google broke that option.

You should be able to stop the Play Store updating the rest just by refusing updates (I never let it automatically update any app). But the Play Store itself will be updated unless you disable Google Play Services, at which point a lot of Google stuff stops working (the days when you just had to remove the "market updater" app are long, long gone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones