Bring your musicTips

Last Updated:

1. javafreak

javafreak New Member This Topic's Starter

Time to load some of my music on the Epic phone. This one is unbelievably simple. Just pull out the included 16GB micrSD card, put it into its included SD adapter, plug it into your laptop/desktop and add your music to the media folder. Once the microSD card is loaded back on the phone, Android will automatically add your music to the default music player on the device. I'm not sure how to sync my playlists but I really don't care about that because I rarely use playlists. If you really prefer an iTunes-like experience, I am told that (our old friend) DoubleTwist is the way to go (they have a free Android app as well)

Advertisement
    Orlando Boom likes this.
  2. Orlando Boom

Orlando Boom Member

Thanks. Yes it is pretty simple. Just a quick drag and drop to the media folder. You can also do this with videos and movies.

3. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

Pulling the SD card/re-mounting on another device is one way to do it. I find it much easier to connect to PC with USB then just drag and drop. Still trying to get Bluetooth to work, my first stab at it didn't go well.

4. Thai

Thai Banned

Good luck. Although BT Audio streaming does work, the quality of the playback is not all that great. See: http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-su...-help-2010-prius-usb-bt-not-working-well.html

If you get your BT Audio streaming to work, then please report back if you can hear any problems with the music playback (as described in thread above). Thanks.

5. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

I was just trying to transfer files over Bluetooth (rather than connect USB cable). Haven't tried the audio streaming at all.

6. huntm856

huntm856 Member

I use double Twist. It's a free app for Windows and Android, and syncs not only music, but playlists and cover art too.

7. walord

walord Active Member

You can also connect to your FTP server or LAN and transfer files with ES File Explorer. If I'm just transferring a few files I'll connect wirelessly to my LAN to access my music hdd on my PC and transfer music that way. I'm too busy right now to set up a FTP server but it would be pretty sweet to be able to transfer larger files from home to wherever you might be...

8. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

+1. But I copy and paste. :)

Plug in USB. Open folder. Minimize.
    Open music folder in computer. Copy. Minimize.
    Maximize Epic folder. Paste. Done!

9. Puddin422

Mine has a slight stumble when a song first starts, but I just hit the |<< function and let it start over, and it goes smoothly the second time. It's not every song, though.

I also sometimes have issues when receiving a text. It'll straight shut my phone off out of nowhere. I won't even know what's happening other than the music stopped. When I pick the phone up to look, it's off. When I boot it back up, a text message is there.

Phone calls work great, though.

This is a 2010 Ford F150 w/ SYNC.

10. rlconrad7

rlconrad7 New Member

I've had much more trouble. Upgraded to the Epic from the Instinct. All the music I purchased previously is in .koz files & won't play on my Epic. Anyone know of software to convert? I downloaded one recommended by eHow but it only worked on Windows Media and other files. Really frustrated since I've paid over $100 for this music! Any help is appreciated!!

11. Thai

Thai Banned

Not sure if it will work with your files, but MELODYCAN has done the trick for me in converting Itunes to mp3 (or any format u want).

12. Puddin422

I used Tunebite7 to convert my iTunes (removes the protection and can/will convert to mp3). It was $25 or $30. There's a free trial just to see if it works, but it will only convert 60 seconds of a song, so the free version is only good for testing.

13. Enny

Enny New Member

14. o0Syn

o0Syn Well-Known Member

Try out this link to a program called Media Coder it is free and open source I just used it to convert some .ape's to 320kbps Mp3s, worked beautifully. (supports Koz to Mp3)