Broken recovery?

Last Updated:

1. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have finally run into my first issue with rom manager. I think my recovery is broken, i tried almost all the options it says to do if you have a broken recovery such as clear download cache, install past recoveries, install alternative recoveries, etc, nothing seems to be working. I also have a constant spinning circle within rom manager as if its trying to comlete some task. I would really like to flash a new rom but im stuck , any help would be very much appreciated.I guess i got so used to rom manager doing everything for me that i need to learn alternatives.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

under rom manager settings do you have erase recovery before flashing checked? If not I would check that then try again. Sometimes it takes flashing different recoveries a number of times before you can get it to stick and after that it will be fine for awhile. If that doesnt work I can post up instructions for flashing manually with terminal.

bigdroiddog likes this.
  3. bigdroiddog

Yes i had that checked in settings. but your right 3rd time was the charm, it seems i can back up my rom now, thank you so much. Should i stick with this older recovery which was only like 4 prior to current recovery? or get the newest one after this?

4. bigdroiddog

I am on 2.0.2.4

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Flashing the newest one now shouldnt be a problem. Its an issue with the flashing process and not the recovery itself.

6. bigdroiddog

I am ready for a new rom, i am running kangerade 5.0.9, i have used bugless in the past, not 0.4 yet, been wanting to try simply stunning 4.5, but also cyanogen rc2, any recommendations?

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Im partial to Cyanogenmod myself its actually been awhile since I have tried any of the other roms that are out there

bigdroiddog likes this.