Browser PollGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TitanAlum

TitanAlum Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I've had this phone since release date and have spent a lot of time getting familiar and adding apps etc. I'm recognizing the limitations of the stock browser and am looking at my options. So what do you use? Pros and cons appreciated.

Hmmm, guess I should've actually posted a poll with this.

Currently looking at Dolphin, Skyfire and Opera.

Advertisement
  2. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

A lot of people here use xScope I believe. I haven't found any reason to leave the stock browser yet, but I don't do a whole lot of browsing on my phone so I don't know.

If anything, I'm more interested in what tapatalk has to offer.

3. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

I too have not found any real reason to leave the stock browser, especially with the speed of this phone

4. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I use stock, dolphin HD, and skyfire, all for different things, stock browser for googling stuff, dolphinHD or fbook andthis forum, and skyfire for espn mainly.

TitanAlum likes this.
  5. mikecoulter

mikecoulter Well-Known Member

I tried the dolphin browser and have used the opera one before, but I prefer the stock Android one...

6. TitanAlum

I agree the stock browser is great for standard searches. Right now I'm leaning towards Skyfire though for additional video playback functionality. Looking to stream Hulu etc. Used Skyfire back when I was on a WinMo phone and liked it. I also like the fact that it automatically adjusts playback size according to signal strength. Think I'll take the plunge and report back.

7. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member

This is the best stock browser I have ever encountered. I dont have any want to use another browser at this point.

8. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD for me. Was the easiest to learn and use for me.

9. pdap

pdap Member

I, too, have had the DInc since its release date and this is my first smartphone. I've been using the stock browser a lot too, however, when using gmail the browser doesn't let me click "desktop" on the bottom right corner of the screen. I downloaded xScope and DolphinXD, and I am TOTALLY digging dolphinHD. I think I found me my new main browser. FYI: dolphin lets u have real tabs (up to 8), not windows, and the use of shortcut gestures (instead of having to go thru menu), I also like how they manage bookmarks.

TitanAlum likes this.
  10. ajamudc

ajamudc Member

I've been using the Dolphin HD browser for the last couple of weeks and I'm really liking it. I love it's ease of use and the way it handles tabbed browsing and bookmarks.

11. ncsttsccr

ncsttsccr Member

i just downloaded steel and have actually used that a bit...its very minamalistic but like that about it

12. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

I use Opera as my default and the built in Chrome for certain tasks (i.e flash) when needed.

I do like the tab interface of Dolphin (very easy to use), but the browser itself is still a clunky POS. If they ever figure out the basics they may have something, but they seem much more interested in form over function.

There is no reason to not try them all. You may like one of the alternatives better then the rest of us. It's a taste thing ;)

TitanAlum likes this.
  13. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

Dolphin just came out with hd2.... it's even faster and now has more addons.... my favorite adding so far is the Pw manager it saves user profile and Pw for you.... I have been looking for this feature since the phone came out and boy did dolphin deliver

14. chigins

chigins Well-Known Member

I tried the dolphin browser as a result of this post & I love it :)

15. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

xScope. Minimal interface + speed dial home page = best usability bar none.

16. gmaellex01

gmaellex01 Well-Known Member

I usually use the stock browser.

I use dolphinHD for my school's website; the stock browser doesn't work with the school's shoddy code.

I use Skyfire for videos that won't play on YouTube and sometimes just for fun.

TitanAlum likes this.
  17. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i use stock most of the time. i'll use Skyfire to watch flash videos since it plays a lot more than the stock browser. i have used Xscope, and it is faster than stock, but i still prefer stock.

TitanAlum likes this.
  18. TitanAlum

Just went to download Skyfire and saw they had a note that Hulu blocks Skyfire. Oh well. I guess the next selling point is Tabbed Browsing . Still not digging the couple of windows used in stock. Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming.

19. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

Dolphin just updated and it's actually really good now. Very fast too. Still debating wether it's ready to replace my stock browser

20. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

I liked Dolphin HD before and love it, now I got the HD2 update today and love it even more!