• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Okay I've had this phone since release date and have spent a lot of time getting familiar and adding apps etc. I'm recognizing the limitations of the stock browser and am looking at my options. So what do you use? Pros and cons appreciated.

Hmmm, guess I should've actually posted a poll with this.

Currently looking at Dolphin, Skyfire and Opera.

I agree the stock browser is great for standard searches. Right now I'm leaning towards Skyfire though for additional video playback functionality. Looking to stream Hulu etc. Used Skyfire back when I was on a WinMo phone and liked it. I also like the fact that it automatically adjusts playback size according to signal strength. Think I'll take the plunge and report back.

Upvote 0
I, too, have had the DInc since its release date and this is my first smartphone. I've been using the stock browser a lot too, however, when using gmail the browser doesn't let me click "desktop" on the bottom right corner of the screen. I downloaded xScope and DolphinXD, and I am TOTALLY digging dolphinHD. I think I found me my new main browser. FYI: dolphin lets u have real tabs (up to 8), not windows, and the use of shortcut gestures (instead of having to go thru menu), I also like how they manage bookmarks.

Reactions: TitanAlum
Upvote 0
I use Opera as my default and the built in Chrome for certain tasks (i.e flash) when needed.

I do like the tab interface of Dolphin (very easy to use), but the browser itself is still a clunky POS. If they ever figure out the basics they may have something, but they seem much more interested in form over function.

There is no reason to not try them all. You may like one of the alternatives better then the rest of us. It's a taste thing ;)

Reactions: TitanAlum
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones