Browser questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. jambrous

jambrous New Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me why I see mobile sites when connected wifi? I was assuming that connected wifi, you would be seeing the full sites, and connected 3g, you would just see the mobile sites? I don't understand this! Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. pkoutoul

pkoutoul Well-Known Member

One has nothing to do with the other. If a site detects you are connecting with a mobile device, it may re-route you to their mobile site -- some do and some don't. But the website only knows what browser you are using (and therefore that you are mobile and not desktop) and not at what speed you are connecting.

3. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

if you are using browser apps like Dolphin than it has option to open all websites in full view. But not all the sites are compatible to be viewed on mobile phone. If they are they will change it automatically to mobile site.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

It's based upon the user agent in the browser, not the network connection. You'd need to fake the user agent to make it look like you're using a desktop edition of a browser. Dolphin has this built-in and Firefox (still in beta) has an extension for this.