• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help buckets of problems

x3n0xm

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
Relei
Greetings.
I have some android problems I'm hoping someone can help me resolve:
-Battery life sux
-Searching by voice doesn't work using 'now' or w/e the search bar is called when using voice. The search bar interperts what I'm saying inaccurately with sometimes amusing results.
-GPS location is incredibly inaccurate (ie off by as much as 3 miles sometimes)
-The device is crashing with blue screen of death type of thing.
-Visual-voice-mail only sinking once in a blue moon.
-Play Music by way of 'instant mixes' takes untill the nixt Zombie Appocolypse to do what ever it needs to do.
-The screen sometimes respond when taped on to dial a number-
-It buzzes-a bunch nothing on the screen as to how I can help it.

I will note: I didn't have any of these issues 3 weeks ago,and I haven't installed between now and then.
A bunch of stuff from a new person

-Battery life sux

Very generic really. New battery always suck. Just like car's ECU, the device is learning and calibrates the power management. So the first week or two of usages, battery will be noticeably worse than later on.
Secondly, there are number of services you don't need. Location Sharing and Location History. This are quite a little rascals, totally in love with your battery. Some apps work just fine if you disabled that in the respective app's setting menu.

-Searching by voice doesn't work using 'now' or w/e the search bar is called when using voice. The search bar interperts what I'm saying inaccurately with sometimes amusing results.

In stock version, there is no Voice trigger. You still need to press a button. So I think you misunderstood something.
There are of course apps, that can do it, but certainly that's not stock S4 feature.

Can't share sentiment. When I'm n the building, it actually shows to few feet accuracy, which part of the building corner i'm in.

Again, can't share sentiment. Have it for two months now, not once did I have to force reboot it because it crashed. Maybe a bad app that you downloaded causing it ?

-Visual-voice-mail only sinking once in a blue moon.

That's not Android. That's an AT&T app, you will have to take it up with them.

-Play Music by way of 'instant mixes' takes untill the nixt Zombie Appocolypse to do what ever it needs to do.

Sorry, don't understand. Anyway, when comes to music player, everything works instantly, without any problem.

-The screen sometimes respond when taped on to dial a number-

You are really too vague. Can you please elaborate?
Isn't the way it should work, the screen should respond when you touch it?

Is there any other language you are more comfortable in writing, I seriously have no idea what I just read ? Could you please rephrase it ?

I will note: I didn't have any of these issues 3 weeks ago,and I haven't installed between now and then.

I would really love to help, but I'm afraid more details will be required.
Would you be so kind to start with device model, carrier (I assume is AT&T), 3rd party apps that manage tasks, task killers etc... ?

This will help narrow down some of the issues.

cheers

Upvote 0
I didn't have any of these issues 3 weeks ago,and I haven't installed between now and then.
I think you already know the answer: It's a hardware problem. Take it back while it's still in warranty and start over.

Sorry for your trouble, but I had to take back my first S4 as well. The second time was the charm though, and everything has been perfect. GL!

Upvote 0
Greetings.
I have some android problems I'm hoping someone can help me resolve:

If the phone still behaves this way (when it buzzes, something is crashing) after a factory reset and without any 3rd party apps being installed, then I would return it for a replacement.

As for the WiFi issue; there's a thread here in S4 forum that covers that.

The Google Now voice issue; seems that the microphone is very sensitive. If it picks up even the tiniest bit of background noise while you're speaking it will spit out some fairly silly results.

Sometimes my boyfriend (on purpose) will wait till the very second I get to the last word in the sentance and he'll holler out some off the wall word... of course the phone picks it up (along with what I said) and spits out some stupid results. Dunno why he finds this so amusing. Must be a guy thing. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones