• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bugs being fixed in new Verizon update?

austink_dc

Lurker
Sep 9, 2014
While I have enjoyed the new HTC one M8 as much as the next person I have been experiencing some super annoying bugs these past few weeks!!

Things like voice roaming staying on & force stopping it, disabling, and restarting does nothing. Little annoying notifcation isn't it?

Also, I have been having problems with dock mode randomly enabling itself. I have no magnets or case on phone. Even after disabling the app entirely it still happens. How does that even happen?

The Choose Input Method for HTC sense keeps coming up as well. No matter how many times I select Or force stop it. Comes back everyday.

My LED lights flash for battery low, but never for notifications.

Other random apps opening at random times even after disabled.

WiFi signal starting & stopping even though I have not moved away from my Router.

Camera app crashing when going into landscape mode..

The list goes on!

Before the m8 I was an Apple user. So glad I switched over but would really like these bugs to be taken care of in the update for Verizon tomorrow. Does anyone know about any of these?

My phone is not rooted as of yet but would like to. Another question, is there a Google play edition for Verizon on the m8 yet? Wanna get rid of all this bloatware & make things flow a bit better.

Thanks for any help!

PS if it means anything I am using Nova Launcher

GPE devices are only compatible with GSM networks (not CDMA). VZW is CDMA. I just double checked to make sure an the GPE One M8 on play.google.com clearly states at the very bottom that it is "1) Compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. Check with your carrier for details about coverage."

It absolutely sounds like you received a defective device. However, you can always try safe mode to see if it is a 3rd party app that is causing the issue. [GUIDE] Here is How to Boot Into Safe Mode | Verizon HTC One (M8) | XDA Forums will get you started with that.

Kratos

Upvote 0
So safe mode fixed a lot of my problems. I deleted a lot of nonsense I found while in safe mode & it seems as everything is working good now.

Still curious to other ROMs I can use that would be better than Sense. Some things are good, but overall not really impressed. Anyone using a CDMA phone with a ROM?

Upvote 0
So safe mode fixed a lot of my problems. I deleted a lot of nonsense I found while in safe mode & it seems as everything is working good now.

Still curious to other ROMs I can use that would be better than Sense. Some things are good, but overall not really impressed. Anyone using a CDMA phone with a ROM?

I used to use (and have heard with the M8) ViperInc ROM on my Incredible 2. I am not rooted so cannot speak first hand about it with M8, but I hear it is still just as good, if not better, than it was.

Kratos

Reactions: austink_dc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones