• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Busted SD card reader

Daldrums

Lurker
Aug 7, 2009
Hello, I'm in a very hopeless situation. I have a good 4,500 messages and MMS that I would like to back up on my G1 but and that large number is taking its toll on the phone. So my problem begins with not being able to store anything to my SD card because the phones SD card reader doesn't work. My card works on other phones and on my pc through the adapter but the phone sometimes doesn't recognize that it is in and if it does it says it needs to be formatted right away (which did not work). Apps to store through the internet (G-Backup) force close before I can even open it. I am pretty sure its the reader ecause the boot loader doesn't recognize the SD card either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind resetting my phone but I really would like to avoid sending the pictures to my email, one by one. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones