• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

But I like to lurk...

yan

Lurker
Jul 4, 2010
Since you insist, though, I will say hi. I just got my Droid Eris today and need to get to know her. She is incompatible with my BlueAnt ST3 car speakerphone, so I will have to learn how to overcome that. I don't like earpieces. What I would like to know is how I can sync things from my computer or other Bluetooth cell phone to Eris. Also any advice on good camera settings.

I have never had this kind of phone, though I tried a Blackberry Curve once and didn't like it at all. Didn't like the software it used on the desktop computer, and don't like small keys. I am coming from an LG8300, and besides being a phone, that has served as my camera. I've used BitPim with it to sync pictures, and it worked perfectly with the BlueAnt in the car.

I answered the call of the Droid on the page before even looking at forum topics, but anything in the form of useful tips will be appreciated, as I know practically nothing. Hehehe.

Thanks for the welcomes. I tried again with the BlueAnt, and it did pair with the Eris! What a relief. I really like that speakerphone. Now the only trouble is that I can't receive MMS messages. Text comes that was sent with the picture, but the picture can't download. I can get around this by having people send pics to my phone e-mail address, but would be nice for it to work as it should. I Googled and noticed that this has been a problem, but I didn't see any solution. Also, I can't get connected to the mobile network. It says it's connecting but never does. This hasn't bothered me terribly since I can use WiFi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones