But I like to lurk...

Last Updated:

1. yan

yan New Member This Topic's Starter

Since you insist, though, I will say hi. I just got my Droid Eris today and need to get to know her. She is incompatible with my BlueAnt ST3 car speakerphone, so I will have to learn how to overcome that. I don't like earpieces. What I would like to know is how I can sync things from my computer or other Bluetooth cell phone to Eris. Also any advice on good camera settings.

I have never had this kind of phone, though I tried a Blackberry Curve once and didn't like it at all. Didn't like the software it used on the desktop computer, and don't like small keys. I am coming from an LG8300, and besides being a phone, that has served as my camera. I've used BitPim with it to sync pictures, and it worked perfectly with the BlueAnt in the car.

I answered the call of the Droid on the page before even looking at forum topics, but anything in the form of useful tips will be appreciated, as I know practically nothing. Hehehe.

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Welcome to Android Forums! Unfortunately I don't have much advice but I'm sure you can find what you're looking for on the Droid Eris forum :)

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

To the best of my knowledge, there is no bluetooth voice activated dialing on the eris' Android OS. The functionality will be there starting Android 2.2 (Froyo) to the best of my knowledge.

4. yan

yan New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the welcomes. I tried again with the BlueAnt, and it did pair with the Eris! What a relief. I really like that speakerphone. Now the only trouble is that I can't receive MMS messages. Text comes that was sent with the picture, but the picture can't download. I can get around this by having people send pics to my phone e-mail address, but would be nice for it to work as it should. I Googled and noticed that this has been a problem, but I didn't see any solution. Also, I can't get connected to the mobile network. It says it's connecting but never does. This hasn't bothered me terribly since I can use WiFi.

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! Yeah bt voice command is coming with the os update 2.2 (froyo)