• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying this device or waiting for the next generation?

Do you need a new phone this year? Because it's probably 9 months before you'll actually be able to get your hands on the next generation.

If you can wait then next year's phones are usually marginally better, but it will probably be many months before we know anything about them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for me i always have to have the latest and greatest. i do not have the s22 ultra. it really depends on you. are you like me where you need to have the most recent device out there? are you willing to wait for the next gen phone to come out? are you willing to pay for the newer device because they will be more expensive?

also keep in mind when the s23 comes out, the s22 will become much cheaper to buy as well.

Upvote 0
Do you need a new phone this year? Because it's probably 9 months before you'll actually be able to get your hands on the next generation.

If you can wait then next year's phones are usually marginally better, but it will probably be many months before we know anything about them.

My reason for starting this thread was because I'm fed up with my N10+5G and have been on the fence between sticking with this device or upgrading to the S22Ultra. Guess I was hoping the responses here might nudge me off the fence, one way or the other.

Upvote 0
My reason for starting this thread was because I'm fed up with my N10+5G and have been on the fence between sticking with this device or upgrading to the S22Ultra. Guess I was hoping the responses here might nudge me off the fence, one way or the other.

I upgraded from the same phone and I have no regrets. They are similar but the S22 Ultra is noticeably faster.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones