• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

By all measures, my dog should be bald

2012-06-24_09-36-59_24.jpg
2012-06-24_09-37-29_71.jpg

This is my old gal, I've been home more lately (and online) due to her recent health issues. She's 14 and still very mobile but is having liver problems.

When people ask me what kind of dog she is, I tell them she's an American Shedder.

If you'll notice, she's having trouble with her eye. I've been treating it/her for three weeks now with gel and antibiotics, it's taking forever to heal.

I vacuumed yesterday, and today again. That canister is just from today.

Anyone else have an American Shedder?

I have a fluffy-assed cat who dispenses fluff all over, but one of the strangest shedders I've ever seen was my neighbor's Dalmation. The dog was so short haired you would think shedding would be minimal, but the back of the couch was covered from where he walked against it. Neighbor said she could vacuum every day, and the couch would be covered again the next.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have a little dog that I inherited from my dad, and a very fluffy cat that sheds everywhere. Between the two of them, I could vacuum everyday. Now my boyfriend has decided to stay at my house for a while because I live in the city, and his house is in the 'burbs (to save gas money), and he brought his 2 cats with him. So, I have 3 cats and a dog shedding everywhere in my one bedroom apartment! A few weeks ago I also was letting a neighbor stay with me because she got evicted (big mistake!), and she brought her 2 dogs with her, so, me, who is used to living alone, had 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 3 people staying in my one bedroom apartment! Boy am I glad that is over!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones