• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar Sync Is no Longer working After Upgrade to Android14

neil154

Android Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
I use Desktop Outlook (365) for my calendar on my Desktop, Use Android Outlook App and obviously use Outlook web address and they are all working fine and if I change anything it shows up on all locations. I also have the Android preloaded calendar on mt Verizon S21 and until recently it also worked fine. It may or may not started working when I upgraded to Android 14.

If I make any change to my Outlook app they still work fine but the preloaded calendar never changes with any revisions or updates. If I add or revise a calendar event in the preloaded app it no longer shows up in Outlook.

Obviously, it appears there is no communication between the preloaded app and the Outlook apps.

Please provide any suggestions to fix this ssue.

It seems there's a synchronization issue between the preloaded calendar app on your Verizon S21 and the Outlook apps. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Check Sync Settings: Verify that the preloaded calendar app is set to sync with your Outlook account. Open the preloaded calendar app's settings, locate the account settings, and ensure it's syncing with your Outlook account.
  2. Force Sync: In the preloaded calendar app, try forcing a manual sync by refreshing or syncing the calendar manually. Look for an option to sync or refresh within the app's settings or by pulling down to refresh the calendar view.
  3. Clear Cache/Data: If the issue persists, try clearing the cache or data of the preloaded calendar app. Go to Settings > Apps > Calendar app, then select "Storage" and clear cache/data. Reopen the app and reconfigure the settings.
  4. Re-add Account: Remove and re-add your Outlook account in the preloaded calendar app. Sometimes re-establishing the connection can resolve synchronization problems.
  5. Update or Reinstall: Check for updates to the preloaded calendar app via the Google Play Store. If available, update the app to the latest version. If the problem persists, consider reinstalling the app to reset its settings.
  6. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, reach out to Verizon's support or the manufacturer's support for your device. There might be device-specific issues or compatibility problems with the preloaded calendar app that they can assist with.

Reactions: ocnbrze and neil154
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones