• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar that will sync w gmail?

Smudgie

Apr 5, 2010
I have loaded up my Incredible with several (hundreds) of upcoming events onto the stock calendar app. I frequently sign onto my gmail account to add and modify calendar events when away from my phone. I have now decided that I do not really care for the stock calendar app. Is there anything out there that I can replace the stock calendar app with that will work w gmail? Thanks

I have loaded up my Incredible with several (hundreds) of upcoming events onto the stock calendar app. I frequently sign onto my gmail account to add and modify calendar events when away from my phone. I have now decided that I do not really care for the stock calendar app. Is there anything out there that I can replace the stock calendar app with that will work w gmail? Thanks

Not sure what you are asking for. My stock calendar app syncs with google automatically. Is yours not configured to sync?

Upvote 0
Mine seems to sync one way only - from the server to the phone. Today I added 2 events to the stock phone calendar but they never appear on the gmail calendar. I added an event to the gmail calendar and it synced up to the phone, next to the other 2 events I had put in by hand. I have tried unchecking sync to the gmail calendar and also forcing a manual sync as well.

Can someone confirm if this happens to everyone out of the box or is something wrong?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones