• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CoachWade

Dec 21, 2011
Okay, another problem with this phone. This one's more critical than the bluetooth I almost never use, and the battery issue that was solved with a $111 high capacity battery.

I have two calendars. Both are Google. One is a calendar I maintain for work that is for scheduling events that take place in our gymnasium. I schedule basketball games, banquet rentals, and the like. My supervisor also has access to this calendar and has the log in information to make changes as necessary.

The second calendar I use for personal/private business. I use this one to schedule coaching clinics I speak at, as well as personal events (vacation trips, doctor's appointments, you know the stuff.)

I don't want these calendars to meet. I don't need gym events showing up on my private calendar, and my colonoscopy visits don't need to be available on the public gym calendar.

I would really like a pair of widgets that show each calendar INDEPENDENTLY. At the very least, I'd like one widget that allows me to swap back and forth between calendars swiftly and easily.

The HTC Sense widget SORT of did this. I was used to it, at any rate, even though it was a pain in the ass and kept trying to pretend my work calendar was my default. (I put the whole damn basketball season for three teams on the wrong calendar and had to redo it.) However, I recently moved to the GO Launcher to clear up a few other problems I was having, and I really like the GO Launcher.

Anyone else using two calendars with two different emails on one device. I shouldn't say this, but iPhones do NOT have this problem. I had SIX calendars going at one time on an iOs device. If Android can't do what iOs does, it's not an iPhone killer.

Thanks in advance for the help.

~D.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones