• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer of contents from one calendar to another

Charles Lee

Feb 17, 2020
I have two calendars on my notes 10+. And I am using Google Calendar to display both calendar. One is the google calendar and the other is an exchange calendar. I like to transfer all the exchange calendar events to google calendar. Is there a way to do it? I cannot find a way to export events from the app.

ok so do you have microsoft 365? unfortunately both google and microsoft make you jump thru hoops to get exchange calendar to show in google's calendar.

it is for outlook, but i assume that there is a function in exchange as well:

if you have outlook as well you can port the exchange calendar to outlook and then use the method in the previous link:'

for me i use samsung's calendar and it has a manage calendar option where you can add an exchange calendar....no need to go thru all that mess........just saying.

Upvote 0
I an trying to transfer my calendar to Google calendar so it can be synced on different platforms. I have purchased a software that allow me to sync between my PC, mobile phone and iPad. The iPad and pc link is still working. The pc to mobile phone link suddenly stopped working. The most current copies of calendar and contacts are on my mobile. That is why I want to export them from my android notes 10+.

Upvote 0
On each of your calendars, in its own settings should be an option to add an account.
Simply add your accounts to each calendar, then choose sync
the issue is that in google calendar there is no option to add exchange. both microsoft and google make you jump thru hoops to get it.
I an trying to transfer my calendar to Google calendar so it can be synced on different platforms. I have purchased a software that allow me to sync between my PC, mobile phone and iPad. The iPad and pc link is still working. The pc to mobile phone link suddenly stopped working. The most current copies of calendar and contacts are on my mobile. That is why I want to export them from my android notes 10+.
that's to bad as the samsung calendar is a breeze to add other calendars. it even has the exchange calendar option.

ok so you are trying to get your current calendar and contacts that are on your phone to your pc in which you use the exchange calendar.....correct? if so, then on your computer you can just import your google calendar to your exchange calendar.

To Export Your Google Calendar to Your Microsoft Exchange Calendar

If you want to abandon your Google Calendar and add the events it already contains to your Microsoft Exchange Calendar; you’ll first need to export your Google details. Open calendar.google.com, and click the gear icon in the top right corner, and choose “Settings.”

10-gmail-settings.png.webp

At the bottom of the menu on the left, you’ll find “Import & export.” Select that option, and on the right, the screen will be divided into “Import” at the top, and “Export” at the bottom. The “Export” section shows a list of all of the calendars in your account. Press the “Export” button to download them together as a compressed .ical file.

Next, in your Microsoft Exchange Calendar, choose “File” then “Open & Export” from the menu on the left. You’ll then be given a choice between opening a calendar; opening an Outlook data file; importing and exporting files and settings, and opening a folder shared by another user.

Choose “Import/Export,” then select “Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs).” Find the file you’ve just downloaded from Google and upload it to your Microsoft Exchange Calendar.

You’ll now have added the events on your Google Calendar to your Microsoft Exchange Calendar, but the two calendars won’t be connected. If you add more events to your Gmail calendar, they won’t appear on your Microsoft Exchange Calendar. You’ll need to steer clear of Google’s tool to make sure you don’t miss any future events.

not sure how syncing google will be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones