• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calender App that lets me pick the alarm tone

perryg114

Aug 8, 2012
I am looking for a calender app for my S3 that will let me pick like a real alarm tone instead of a notification tone. I really don't want my phone to notify me when I get emails at all but I do want it to bug the crap out of me when I have an appointment. So I either have to have my phone going nuts everytime I get any notification or I miss my appointments. I mean the thing goes ding and then no other notifications that I am about to miss an appointment. I would think that as sophisticated as this phone is, I should be able to pick the alarm/ring tone I want for a given application or chose no notification at all for things like emails. I check my email several times a day without being prompted and if someone really wants to get a hold of me they can call. I think the default app is part of S memo which I am not nuts about.

Perry

From what I have read on other forums is that there is a bug in the S3 calender app. It won't let you pick ring tones from an outside source. I have been unable to find where they are stored on the phone.

I could not find a place to change it in business calender either.

Perry

Have you tried the Alarms or Notifications folders?

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, and even called Samsung; they said you could only use the Samsung alarm tones that came with the phone for calendar notifications.

I downloaded Calendar Event Reminder and it works perfectly, but I still found the Samsung tones too low. Zedge allows me download and use some really loud tones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones