1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Caligo Chaser(Beat'em Up Action RPG) Now Available on Android Market!!

Last Updated:

1. Com2uS

Com2uS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Market Link: market://details?id=com.com2us.caligo | FREE: market://details?id=com.com2us.caligofree
    By Com2uS The maker of Homerun Battle 3D

Caligo Chaser, a beat 'em up style slash and dash action RPG game at your finger tips.​

Each map is tailored to automatically scroll horizontally to break free from the restrictions of the limited screen size.​

Stunningly well-designed stages, characters, and monsters to keep you playing for hours.​

Save Emporion from the dark forces that haunt the city!!​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    ninja_reject likes this.
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Wow, looks great!

3. Dan Fury

Dan Fury Well-Known Member

This is simply the best action game on Android. I'm writing a review, but I just can't find the time to finish the game and don't want to publish it before, the game is really big. I'm also shooting HD videos, because there are none. I'll post when I have something.
    Do you have update notes for the 1.03 update on the market?

4. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Works on which OS/Phones?

5. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

And another game that is identical or inferior to the iphone version, yet costs more.

No thanks.

6. Dan Fury

Do you really think 5 bucks is too much for a game that takes around 15hrs to complete and many more to collect everything?
    I don't like it too, that the Iphone version is cheaper, but honestly the game is worth it and a steal on the Iphone.
    I'm just wondering, why it doesn't sell as good as e.g. Zenonia, maybe because it's a new IP.

7. mrmojoz

You are going to have to get over it. Until the user base reachs parity there has to be an incentive for developers to go through the effort of putting their stuff out for Android. If you don't like it, your best option is to buy an iPhone. For me, I'd rather have the option at a higher cost than no chance at all.

8. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I've played another Com2us game before on iphone (Inotia 2) that was good - may need to check this out when i get my android phone :D

9. dcomnimda

dcomnimda Member

Played this game today on cousins droid, seemed like fun :D i tend to get it when i get some free time.
    Now if only you guys would port that new mmorpg :D(imo: the world of magic) that would be magnificent!

10. Kegluneq

Kegluneq Member

This... Looks great, but will it come to 1.5 phones?

I have no problem with spending money on games like this. Without investment in the market we'd never get iphone level games at all...

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Can you put game data on the sdcard? I don't have 20mb to spare (16mb)

12. jonhapimp

jonhapimp Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get this for my incredible

13. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Just bought it. Not bad so far!

With this and Zenonia, that should feed my Android gaming habit for a while.

14. petchulio

petchulio Member

iPhone level games will come when there starts to become more streamlined hardware. Kind of a pain I imagine for developers to build for so many different kinds of phones running Android.

15. Com2uS

Com2uS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The game is for OS 2.0 above :)

V1.0.3 update covered minor fixes & "Back" button was added on the map so you can return to the town faster :)

16. IRunGameEP

IRunGameEP Well-Known Member

Do you plan on bringing Heavy Gunner to Android any time soon?

17. flammenwurfer

I'm sure it's a good game. I bought Homerun Battle 3D and I love it. It's not that I think $5 is too much for a really good game. I just don't want to support the trend of Android games costing more while being identical or inferior.

I think my best option is to spend my money elsewhere.

18. Kegluneq

Kegluneq Member

Aw :(

Flammenwurfer: It's fairly well established for games to be priced differently for different platforms... It's not like Android gamers have the same degree of choice that iPhone owners have. :/

19. Dan Fury

I think that depends on the title, while I have no problem in forking out 4,99$ for Caligo Chaser, I would never support Doodle Jump with it's current pricetag, because we got Abduction!.

20. flammenwurfer

That may be true, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I'm not saying they are evil or that I hate them. I'm just saying that I don't think there's a good reason for it and I'm not going to buy the game.

21. Phelerox

Phelerox New Member

I have to say this is a wonderful game! :D

However, my save games get deleted as soon as I quit the game, which is really sad! (version 1.0.2 on the HTC Desire)

I have tried several times in several ways to retain a saved game without success. Is this a known problem? Is there a work-around, or an imminent update that will fix this?

22. mrmojoz

Again, there is certainly a reason for it. You just don't like it. I've seen you post your same argument in mutiple threads now, I guess it isn't going to well for you.

23. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

If you develop something for platform A and sell it, then go and re-engineer it for platform B (using resources like time and money to do so), why should the company have to eat that cost?

24. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Neat game. A bit ouchy to play if you don't have a keyboard, alas, but c'est la vie.

25. flammenwurfer

Ok, maybe you're right. I don't like it. Also, I don't recall making this argument before, maybe you have me confused with somebody else or my memory is really bad. But I don't remember posting about it before.

They don't have to eat the cost. They would still be selling the game and making money, just charging a little less for it. They had to do more work creating the original game from scratch than they had to do porting it to another platform. I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure there are a number of things that they didn't have to redo for the port (text, artwork ...). Therefore, to me it seems like they should actually need to make less money back from the port than the original since it likely cost them less to produce. So why should they charge more for it?