• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call and sound quality Droid Incredible

Gunnigal

Lurker
Nov 17, 2010
My friend has a Droid Incredible. When he calls me,I know it is him because there is this white noise hiss in the back ground and his voice breaks up continually. He hears me loud and clearon his end while I am on my flip phone. We did a test and had him call me from the land line in the same room, reception is loud and clear. Does the Droid Incredible have noise cancelling capabilities? If so, is noise cancelling set as the default? Any other feedback about sound quality issues with the Droid Incredible. I would expect to hear him loud and clear on this awesome phone.

first, please search before posting.

second, call audio quality issues seem to vary widely from phone to phone. some people's dincs have audio issues so bad, they exchange it for a new phone. some people have audio issues that are really annoying, but livable (i fall into this group). some people have no audio issues at all.

do a search for "evdo rev b call quality" - there are some tweaks you can make IF, AND ONLY IF, you feel comfortable poking around in places in your phone where you are not supposed to be, and where you could well break something badly.

lastly, i hate to be a broken record, but please search before posting. this is a great community with lots of information, but you have to be willing to seek it out. thanks. and welcome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones