• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Blocking

baindallas

Lurker
Oct 21, 2010
Hello, I am looking for a call blocking app that does something different than forward you call, or hang up on the call or forward the call to voice mail. I am looking for an app that will do something different. I am not exactly sure what I want but here it to do but here are some examples.

Have the caller reach a computerized message saying
* The voice mail box you have reach is full
Or
* The # you have reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service, if you feel you have reached this recording in error please hang up and try your call again.

The object is not to only block the call, but to also get the caller to stop calling. Sending them to voice mail still leaves you with a message to respond to. Dropping the call just pisses them off.

Hello, I am looking for a call blocking app that does something different than forward you call, or hang up on the call or forward the call to voice mail. I am looking for an app that will do something different. I am not exactly sure what I want but here it to do but here are some examples.

Have the caller reach a computerized message saying
* The voice mail box you have reach is full
Or
* The # you have reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service, if you feel you have reached this recording in error please hang up and try your call again.

The object is not to only block the call, but to also get the caller to stop calling. Sending them to voice mail still leaves you with a message to respond to. Dropping the call just pisses them off.

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The challenge I suspect you'll find in creating this app is to give them one of the above messages you'll need for the phone to answer their call without it being apparent that the call was answered. And in the long term, this will show up in their phone records as a successful call... thereby negating the text of your second "recorded" message.

Upvote 0
You would need an app that lets you record your own message. What you want are the S-I-T tones and I have never figured out how to get that on a carrier supported voicemail. TMO wouldn't let me do my own - probably due to profanity.

You can put those tones on a landline answering machine.

I discontinued VM. Never checked it anyway. Stuff shows up in the call log.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones