1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Call Log - Grouping App

Last Updated:

1. dmiddlet

dmiddlet New Member This Topic's Starter

Is this app/mod available?

I get and make a lot of calls on my phone, and use the call log all the time to call someone back. However, I hate scrolling through the log past many entries from the same people. I also don't want to clear my log because I would like to keep the data for review later.

Is there an app that can group the calls by person (i.e. Frank - Cell) even if there were 5 calls to/from Frank. Then if I need to see the details, I can hold my thumb on the entry and it would list all the details (i.e. number, what times etc).

This would drastically reduce my log view and make returning calls to a specific person much easier. I realize I could just add them to my favorites... however this doesn't work well for how I use my phone (a favorite one day would not be the same the next). Also, I wouldn't want every caller in my contacts since many of these are short term customers that I may call on for a few days but not want to keep permanently.

Thanks, David

Advertisement
  2. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

You're in luck! You should look up an application called Phonebook. You can use it to replace the default contact app, and it should work out wonderfully.

It doesn't exactly what you're requesting by shortening up the Call Log by putting people together. For example: Jasmine - 2 calls. It also lists SMS activity too so it still by be a long list in your eyes.

I guess it also depends on how often you use your phone and whatnot. You can also create folders on the desktop and add contacts in seperate folders.

I suppose you'd have to take the time to sit down and recognize all the features and then organize accordingly.

3. dmiddlet

dmiddlet New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I installed Phonebook and it does help a lot. Still a few more clicks than I would like but much much closer to what I am looking for. I do like how it groups all messages from that person (text, calls, etc) as this helps you follow along in a conversation.

4. Yary

Yary Member

When you group all messages from a person, does it also let you delete all the calls from that person?

5. appsbeyond

appsbeyond Member

Check out the "Call History Plus" app on the android market. Groups by call type, date, contact, or a custom filter you can configure.

Also saves calls to your Calendar or auto deletes as a plus!

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Dialer One will do what you want. Groups by contacts, enables one click dial.

7. sulimanh

sulimanh New Member

(Dialer One) app on the android market. Groups by contacts, very nice