• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call & USB problems

laura_144

Lurker
Aug 4, 2011
Hi, I'm new here and have been driven to join by the problems I'm having with my Orange San Francisco.

I've had the phone for about 7 months and have always had problems with calls. On about half my calls I have a problem where it goes completely silent on the other person's side. This happens near the beginning of the call, but not immediately, and it sometimes goes back to normal after a short while (if they don't hang up first). The problem existed before and after debranding the phone, and I previously had another of these phones where the problem happened on every call (Orange replaced the phone).

I've always noticed the charging on the phone was a bit dodgy, as I often have to wiggle the phone end of the cable around for it to start charging. This morning it took me a good five minutes to get it charging, and it's definitely getting more and more difficult. This happens regardless of whether I'm charging it through my computer or the wall charger.

I'm not particularly technically minded and I have a feeling that even if I were I would not be able to sort out the charging problem. I am using a giffgaff sim in the phone (I've never use the Orange one) and would like to get a replacement phone, but I'm worried I won't be able to do this because I have unlocked and debranded the phone. Has anyone returned one of these having had it for a while and not using it on Orange?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones