• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help caller id

dabicho

Aug 22, 2010
I live in Mexico, and I installed an image that appears to be from verizon.

The problem I am facing is sms messages are recognized as coming from the right contact, but (normal voice) calls are recognized as 'unknown' number (not even the caller phone number is displayed)

Do any of you have an idea where I may start looking?

Can you be more specific about the image? Did it come to you over the air, or did you install it manually?

It is possible that you have a DROID and installed the image for the Milestone, or that you have a Milestone and installed the image for the DROID?

Another thing to check would be to check with your carrier and make sure that the image is the correct one for your phone and your carrier....

Upvote 0
So, no clue?
This is the only problem I have.
Another thing is skype detects the phone as being from usa or verizon thus refusing to allow voice chat over 3g.

I am sure the image is from verizon, also as everything but this seems to work alright and the guide I followed is for my phine, I am pretty sure the image is for the motorola droid.

Thank you anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones