• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ***Calling all Devs*** Help me make these 2.3.7 images bootable!!!!

AndyDroidBot

Jan 29, 2012
With so many users having problems with the OTA 2.3.6 update, I decided to put my efforts into making a new stock rom (free of CIQ, based on Samsungs FC update)

Hopefully when this is made bootable it will fix all the force close problems and GPS issues and help make a new stable base for all of you to base your recoveries and ROMs off of.

These .img files were made by syncing with the master google branch 2.3.7_r1
and have taken 10+ hours to compile (without error)
I've been unable to log onto this site as frequently as I have in the past and and I'm still having issues with my computer so this is the best I was able to do.

Uploaded to the following link you will find:
-Stock 2.3.7 apps in a zip
-system.img
-init.d
-build.prop
-ramdisk.img
-usrdata.img

this doesnt have a boot.img or recovery.img as these two files were not generated by the sync

All Files

I am calling on all devs and testers with knowledge of linux to help me make these files bootable so we can create a flashable zip or flashable recovery

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
The source is the Google Dev teams, :(
The img's were all built according to the AOSP compilation guide for Google's Master branch

I used
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-2.3.7_r1
repo sync

the only public snapshot I'm aware of is the one at
grep

the thing that was confusing during the build process was the .txt file that came with the FC29 .zip file
it says just to "overwrite" some folders after you sync repo and when you do ". buildenv/setup"
just to do "generic" (which I thought was a bad idea becuase I thought it was for the emulator)

NOTE: I'm assuming it says to do it that way because we do not have a
. setup-makefiles.sh or . extract-files.sh for our devices....

Upvote 0
Also, just for kicks
I was recently reading up on a project called Dev/Null or Oxygen
those guys have 2.3.6 sources up

Sources for Dev/Null

they even have a build tutorial if anyone wants to take it on
Tutorial

apparently all you need to do is compile your own kernel.
With the zimage I supplied, or BobZhone's kernel it would only require compiling the rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones