Camcorder problem after froyo upgradeSupport

Last Updated:

1. traustie

traustie Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everybody,

I just upgraded my phone to froyo. Everything seems to be working except for the camcorder. Everytime I try to start it up it the app closes.
    The camera itself is fine, I've taken a few pics with no problem.
    I've restarded the phone but the problem is still there. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

You've not got LED Light 1.0.9 installed have you?

3. traustie

No, I uninstalled it. No change

4. traustie

Now I've factory reset the phone, but the camcorder still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

5. traustie

I installed Qik and recorded video with that, so the problem must be with the application. Anyone know how to fix this? This is driving me mad :mad:

6. mrbelly

mrbelly New Member

I had the same problem this morning. Found something on the net saying it could be that the micro sd card is too slow to record video or something like that. 2 days ago I switched to a 16gb card but not sure if I tried the camera.
    Anyways, this morning I put back the old Samsung 4gb card and the video camera works fine now. So I'm not sure if it's a problem with my cheapo sd card or a problem with froyo not dealing with a 16gb card properly.
    have you got another card you can try?

7. Conman666

Conman666 New Member

I have the same problem. No uploads, no new SD card, just a random stop of camcorder ability. It shuts the app down and the camera works well. Very annoying.

8. robames

robames New Member

I have the same issue. Everytime I try and open my camcorder after I installed 2.2, it shuts down right away. I use the app all the time. Does anyone have a fix? Will they fix this soon?

9. tlw00dy

tlw00dy New Member

I have it, too. I recorded one video successfully with my new Droid X running 2.2. Now, when I try to use it, hit record, app shuts down.

10. mshingore

mshingore Member

i had d same problem 2 n i simply m 2 lazy 2 go 2 d htc service center 2 ask dem 4 a soln.. cz dey wud hv ended up factory resetting n it sure as hell dznt solve d prob..

bt here r a cpl o things i did n it solved my problem.. i transferred d existing videos on my sd card 2 my pc n den went 2 d camcorder n checked d settings, changed d recording resolution 2 720p (it ws QVGA earlier) n viola! my camcorder ws back onlyn.. hope this helps (sure did 4 me!! :D)