• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera App with Selective Color (Not Editor)

dtfamily

Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I've been looking for a while but can't find what would seem to me to be a simple search for an app that allows you to take a photo, and select what color you want to see and have the rest of the picture black & white. For example, I'd pick the color green, take a photo outside, and the grass, leaves, etc. would be green, but the rest would be b&w.

I don't want a photo editor- I want an app to take the color I select and keep only that color on the photo. I had an app that did this a few years ago, but can't seem to find it. Would really appreciate advice/ideas on this!

Thanks!

Color Touch effects can do it so it says - changes photo to greyscale and you paint color back with finger.
Pixellate Pics is another

Color splash photography is another.

Go to Play Store, search for colorizing, and read the description of apps and their ratings.

You will have to do some editing. There will be NO apps that will do it automatically as none are mind readers yet.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll take a look at these and see if they may work. But I remember using a while back an app that you would tell it what color you wanted in a photo, and it would keep that color and automatically change the rest to b&w. I have a copy of a pic of our daughter of how it worked- just selected green filter and it took the pic w/ only green in color...

upload_2017-5-4_9-30-32.png

Upvote 0
Ive been looking for this too. dtfamily is correct, I think it was the standard photo app that came on my galaxy s3

It had a few effects/filters built in where you would pick the one with the colour you wanted, red, blue, green or yellow from memory and it would take a photo with the selected colour, no editing.

I used to take some pics in the carpark at work when I was out having a smoke. Green was cool, everything B&W except the leaves of the trees, red and everything was B&W except all the taillights of the cars which were red. or selecting blue was a cool effect for the sky. Oh, I just found some examples, looks like the app is Camera 360:
dFElRV.jpg

LgEcfb.jpg

Tr26RQ.jpg

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones