• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have the same problem. All of sudden camera gives error "Camera error" with black screen and all you have is "Ok" and than camera closes. Sometimes it works from second try, sometimes not. Then you have to shut Moto G down and power it up again. Of course, the moment you wanted to capture is gone..
I did wipe cache, no result. Did factory reset, no result. Although camera didn't "crash" for the first 10-15 times but after that, it gave error.
Maybe to disable it and install some 3rd party camera app from Playstore? Will that help? Any suggestion on decent camera app to install? Even if it is few bucks but it's worth it, I'll buy it. But this camera error is frustrating!

Upvote 0
Does wiping the camera data erase anything in the gallery?

Trying to fix someones phone right now, and she can't exchange it...Trying to fix this without rooting it like some other forums have suggested.

**UPDATE**

Installed 4.4 onto the phone and it seems to work 100% of the time now.

Upvote 0
It's not happening for me, but perhaps follow this thread as it's quite active:
[Q] Camera Crashing on Kitkat 4.4 - xda-developers

Hi.. Still having camera problem. I checked chrome setting as per above thread but there is no camera related settings in Consent Settings.

Guys, what to do? Each time we cant switch off the phone since any moment you wanted to capture will not remain there till our phone restarts.

Serious problem!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones