• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera folder gone!

I just went into my Gallery and I don't see my Camera folder. I used to have a Camera folder, Download folder and another folder I made. I have the other 2 but the Camera folder and it's contents are gone. Are they gone forever? What happened?
It is probably still there. If you are using the Stock Gallery, try this:

1. Open the Gallery
2. In the upper left corner, make sure that ALBUMS is selected
3. In the lower left, select CONTENT TO DISPLAY and make sure that ALL CONTENT and CONTENT IN DEVICE is selected.

If that didn't get it back for you, you may want to download QuickPic from the Play Store and use that. It is much better IMHO and you can add/remove albums that are displayed or even just hid them from within.

Upvote 0
I don't have an SD card, so pictures are stored on my device.

The album that is missing is the default Camera folder, not one I created. The one I created is still there.

Duckster, I made sure albums and content were selected but I still don't see them.

I'm pretty sure I didn't delete the album because that would mean I held the album and then select delete, which I don't remember doing.

Upvote 0

The album that is missing is the default Camera folder, not one I created. The one I created is still there.

Duckster, I made sure albums and content were selected but I still don't see them.

I'm pretty sure I didn't delete the album because that would mean I held the album and then select delete, which I don't remember doing.

Is your DCIM folder still there?

Upvote 0

Try a full battery pull. If that didn't help, I highly recommend the Quick Pic app I recommended. It is like the Gallery app but it allows for more customization. The DCIM folder should be there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones