Camera IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. sk8erdh36

sk8erdh36 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Did a little bit of searching but couldn't really find what I was looking for, but sometimes my camera will crash and than I can't open it again. Turning off the phone doesn't seem to help. Only thing that solves it is time. I have to wait like 10 minutes for me to use the camera again. I can't even use other apps that utilize the camera like Shopsavvy, etc. Doesn't happen all the time, but too often to ignore it. Is this a wide issue or only affecting some? Should I trade it in or wait for patch?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Have you tried going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running tab and force closing it? It may be getting stuck.

3. sk8erdh36

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried that.

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

This happened on my Droid X right after I got it. When I got my number ported over, I had to do a factory reset for the new number to get programmed in, and the camera hasn't given me a single problem since then. Not the easiest solution or thing to try if you have a lot of apps, but back them all up on AppBrain and it shouldn't be too bad.

Wait, you are running a Droid X, right? This is in the DX Troubleshooting subforum, but your device is listed as an Incredible. Just making sure.

5. sk8erdh36

My bad yea. Used to have the incredible. Still wish I had the incredibles camera.

6. sk8erdh36

Did a factory reset and still did it.

7. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

just an FYI, next time you need to program a phone on a number, just dial *228, and press option 1. i know it's not of much use to you now, but in case you ever change your #, or just want to use a different phone.

8. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

please help, im having the same problem, and i use my camera A LOT!