• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can anyone here confim this?.

DroidSuks

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
is a smokey place.
As read over at CyanogenMod:

You can also use SP recovery to install Kousch's cyanogenmod. Just change the kousch file to update.zip drop in root and install from SP recovery.

I also found that you can use Rom Manager to restore a backed up ROM such as BB, AdamZ's, etc. if you backup that ROM with Rom Manager. Works just fine.

Or you can search your SD card for your nandroid backup of BB, AdamZ's, other roms, etc. and then drop it into the directory that Rom Manager creates for storing its backups and drop it in that directory. Then just use Rom Manager to manage and restore any of those Roms.

Like whyteboyello said, I switch back and forth from ROMs all the time including going from cyanogenmod to bb to adamZ's to simply stunning to ultimate droid, etc. depending on what mood I'm in. Once you have your ROMs backed up the way you want them it's real easy to switch back and forth without killing all your data and apps.

But if you are nervous about doing this just do like whteboyello said and use DMupdater to reflash your recovery back to SP recovery......works perfect.

Yep I pretty much do the same thing with the DMupdater, and ROM Manager to switch between the different ROM but seeing your post now I kind of have a question for clarification. Oh and I've also done the route of renaming Koush's ROM to update.zip and just used SPRecovery to install it which seems to work fine also.

Anywhoo just for clarification are you saying it also works to just use ANY SPRecovery nanroid backup of say your own backup, AdamZ's, Pete's BB, or Chevyno1's....etc ROMs but putting there posted nandroid files in Koush's ROM manager nanadoid backup folder for use to do a Restore if need be.

EXAMPLE: say I'm currently on Chevyno1's and have everything setup and I have SPRecovery installed. I can then make a full advanced backup of my setup using SPREcovery. Then fire the device up and update Recovery using ROM manager to move forward to Koush's new ROM. For some reason someone doesn't like it or there is an issue and needs to go back to there working setup before the update. You can then just put your SPRecovery advanced nandroid backup file in ROM Manager backup folder and then reboot to do a restore so yo uare back to the original ROM you had working ( IE in this example Chevyno1's).

If I am understanding you correctly that is pretty sweet info to know. We then don't have to continue switching recoveries to change ROMs. Just want to make sure I'm reading this right is all, TIA for any input/clarification. Peace

Yes, I have done this multiple times without issue.

Thats how how initially did it as well.

But what he's saying, further down in the post, is that he's taking advanced nandroid backups that were created in SPRecovery and dropping them in the Clockwork's nandroid folder and restoring them no problem.

This is the first time I've seen anyone say this. If it's true I wonder if your can take a Nand created in Clockwork and restore it in SPR?.... I thought I read somewhere this does not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones