• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Can anyone recommend any PRL's for my ZTE Warp?

Sir i think when you update PRL using System updates it will choose best PRL for your area.I'm not 100% sure about it though.

I believe you are correct. The main benefit to swapping PRLs is to access towers which you normally have no access to, such as in the joint Sprint-Verizon days. There is a PRL which forces roaming onto Verizon towers, giving you coverage where there was previously none. Of course those days are gone and Sprint/Virgin Mobile/Boost no longer cooperate with Verizon at all, to my knowledge. The cool thing is that said PRL still works! Except now you're prompted for a credit card number before access is given :eek:

Upvote 0
I believe you are correct. The main benefit to swapping PRLs is to access towers which you normally have no access to, such as in the joint Sprint-Verizon days. There is a PRL which forces roaming onto Verizon towers, giving you coverage where there was previously none. Of course those days are gone and Sprint/Virgin Mobile/Boost no longer cooperate with Verizon at all, to my knowledge. The cool thing is that said PRL still works! Except now you're prompted for a credit card number before access is given :eek:

What PRL# is that?? It sounds right for me, Verizon gets tons of signal in this little 300 foot-wide dead zone where I've moved to. And a credit card number prompt?? :(:thinking:

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
What PRL# is that?? It sounds right for me, Verizon gets tons of signal in this little 300 foot-wide dead zone where I've moved to. And a credit card number prompt?? :(:thinking:

I believe it was #11114, #11115 or something like that. When I tried it in my local dead zone, it basically says "Welcome to Verizon, to place a call enter a card number." or something to that effect. I guess back in the good old days, when the two companies had an agreement, you could place a call with no interruption instead of getting this prompt. But I guess it's still useful in a situation where you absolutely _need_ to get a call through.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones