• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Gmail messages be stored on the G1?

Hope this isn't something really simple as I have tried searching the forums for an answer with no success.

I am hoping there is a way of saving "X" amount of Gmail emails to the phone rather than them being accessed via a data connection.

I recently went on holiday and wanted to access emails that contained flight references etc that I had already received before travelling. However, I didn't want to connect to a Roaming carrier for a connection.

Basically, is there a Gmail client on the G1 that can store messages to read whist the phone is, in effect, in Airplane mode or am I a Gnoob!!??

Thanks

you could as a work around also set up your email using the G1 email client not just the gmail one. you could enable pop or imap but in this case pop would be best within gmail on the web then set the phone up so that way your messages would be available off line for when you need them obviously though any changes you make in gmail would be reflected in the pop email client if you connected to gmail

I hope that makes sense heh but I think you get what I mean

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones