• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can I choose what to sync from outllook to gmail calendar

boatman

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
I am using the google calendar sync interface to sync my outlook to my google calendar. Is there anyway to limit exactly what syncs? My google calendar is shared with co workers, and I would like to keep my personal appts from syncing. Is there a way in outlook or google to mark something as private to prevent syncing?

thanks. you mean have 2 separate google calendars? not sure how i choose what from outlook syncs. i put my appts in outlook, want them to show up on my phone.

i guess we are hybrid on gdocs. it is not primary, we all use outlook, but are using gdocs to share stuff. so things go into outlook and then show up in google.

we could create separate google calendars for a personal and work, put data in their first, and have it show up in outllook, the problem is we are outlook centric....

how does one create labels in google calendar.

Upvote 0
thanks. you mean have 2 separate google calendars? not sure how i choose what from outlook syncs. i put my appts in outlook, want them to show up on my phone.

i guess we are hybrid on gdocs. it is not primary, we all use outlook, but are using gdocs to share stuff. so things go into outlook and then show up in google.

we could create separate google calendars for a personal and work, put data in their first, and have it show up in outllook, the problem is we are outlook centric....

how does one create labels in google calendar.

It is not really labels you create bu calendars as you said. I do not use Outlook at this point so it is hard to say but I bet there is a way to only sync one calendar and not all of them.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, you can only sync one calendar from outlook to google, but then in google you can categorize them into separate calendars.
Let me explain.
my central calendar in google - i call in my master calendar. Evrything I put into my outlook calendar syncs to that.
Then in google, i add another calendar and call it "Work calendar". Now i can copy relevant events from my master calendar to my work calendar (click on the event, edit details, more actions, copy to work calendar). Then i only share my work calendar with colleagues, by sharing the http link from the calendar settings.

So...you can't limit what syncs, but by creating separate calendars, you can limit what you share and with whom.

Hope that makes sense

Upvote 0
riskaa. ok, that sounds like something that can do it. however, can you tell me how you copy items from master to work (the actual procedure). i created a second calendar that i shared with myself, but don't see a way to rt click on an item and copy it? Sorry for being dense, i know i am missing something obvious...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones