• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I get the stock messaging app back for 4.1.2 ZTE Source?

JeremyM4

Lurker
Dec 2, 2014
I rooted my phone recently and everything works fine. Today I noticed I have several text messages that I never got notifications for. I checked and I am not getting any notifications, even if I test my notification. I'm using the handcent text app. I then noticed that my stock messaging app is gone. I don't think I deleted it, though I did delete a few other system apps that I don't use or want. There's a recycle bin in my system app deleting app, but the message app is not there. All the apps I did delete are. So, can I get the stock message app back? Is there an apk or any other way? Thanks.

you can download the stock rom, unzip it, and grab the messaging app from the /system/app directory
I downloaded the ROM, but I didn't have to unzip anything. I just clicked on the MMS apk, and installed it. Here's where it gets weird. The messaging app is not the same as the one that was on my phone. My brother has the same phone, and he has the same messaging app that was in the ROM you linked. After installing, I'm still getting no notifications when I recieve a text. If I'm on the phone when the text comes through, I do hear the beep, but only if I'm on a call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones