• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I go back to 4.3 From 5.0? I bought a Note 3 [Online]. 2nd Note 3. Help? [Sprint]

Hello.

I have searched the forums and I do not see this question. I have googled and see this answered all over the place. Some people say you can and some people say that you can't. Something about flash locked bootloader when 5.0 is installed.

I absolutely love my white note 3. I have had it for years and just replaced the charger port. I wanted another one for my business line. I can't find one that hasn't been updated because that is exactly what I want. Before I flash this one and mess it up I want to check with you guys officially.

This is what I have now and want on my second phone:

N900PVPUBMJ4
N900P.12
SM-N900P
N900PVPUBMJ4
JSS15J.N900PVPUBMJ4

I know how to flash this with odin and have done so many times. But I have always been on 4.3 and never upgraded. I just disable KNOX and rename all the update files so it leaves me alone.

This is the note 3 that I bought:

N900PVPUEOH1
N900P.12
SM-900P
N900PVPUEOH1
LRX21V.N900PVPUEOH1
SEPF_SM-N900P_5.0_0009
MDF V1.0 RELEASE 4
VPN V1.4 RELEASE 4.1

KNOX 2.3
... [ETC all the way down]

My question is this possible at all? What is the risk? What are my options? I really want to have a nicely rooted note 3 just like my old one.

If it is not possible can I root this Lolipop?

What I was going to do was just flash the note 3 I just got in ODIN like I always do with my old one, but I am afraid that I am going to brick it or its going to get stuck on the sprint logo because the bootloader can't be downgrading.

Well please let me know.

Thank you.

Okay. I tried something different. I searched downgrade within Q/A and did find some things stating that it is impossible. This really frustrates me. What are the odds of me finding a note 3 that is not already upgraded.

So now what are my options?

I really enjoy my rooted other note 3 for exposed installer, wifi-tether, and a possible ad block.

Can I do all this with Lolipop? Is it easy to root? Or should I just return this phone?

Let me know.

This is what gave me hope.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...lipop-t3093183

Is this not true? Special phone or something? I see it is for the International Version but it says Lollipop 5.0 and its downgraded. If its impossible how did he do it?

If all is impossible. If I root Sprint Note 3 on Lollipop will I trip Knox?

Question here.

If I can't downgrade. Can I just flash a rooted "one click" on this phone and run that version of Lollipop on this phone or will that create problems as well? This will probably trip Knox as well right?

I think someone said that no matter what you do to root or re-flash ROMS now you will trip Know. That correct?

Update - 01

Okay I have activated it with Sprint and there is another upgrade available. I'm guessing its for 5.1. I'm not going to do anything yet until I hear from you guys. Do I have a prayer to downgrade while on 5.0 still or is it over for me and I should just upgrade to 5.1?

I mean what is the worst that can happen? I can just root the phone while on 5.0 or 5.1 and just have Lollipop rooted? I mean the worst that can happen is that I have tripped Knox 0x1 counter. That's not a big deal because its out of warranty anyway right?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones