• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I switch my SD card to an Incredible?

Bobo

Nov 14, 2009
Will I just be able to take my SD card from my Droid1 and just pop it into an Incredible (which is what Asurion is replacing my Droid1 with after being run over)? Can I just leave all the files and folders alone without running into some conflicts??

Will it matter if I format it on my computer or will I need to do it in the phone? Fortunately the sd card survived. It is in a FAT32 file format which I'm sure is what it is supposed to be. I suppose I should copy everything and put it on my computer to be safe. Then I'll format it. Ithink the computer will do it much faster? And then copy and past everything back again.
Another thing I'm worried about is what Assurion will send me with the phone. Since they are substituting the Incredible for my Motodroid I sure hope they send out a charger for home/car. Then I'll still need case/cover,etc.

Upvote 0
Will it matter if I format it on my computer or will I need to do it in the phone? Fortunately the sd card survived. It is in a FAT32 file format which I'm sure is what it is supposed to be. I suppose I should copy everything and put it on my computer to be safe. Then I'll format it. Ithink the computer will do it much faster? And then copy and past everything back again.
Another thing I'm worried about is what Assurion will send me with the phone. Since they are substituting the Incredible for my Motodroid I sure hope they send out a charger for home/car. Then I'll still need case/cover,etc.

I'd think you'd probably need to format in the phone.. it didn't take my droid very long to do it when I switched from the Eris.. It's definitely worth doing though... it gets rid of any extra junk moto or htc, ect might put on there..

Reactions: Bobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones