• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can remove bloatware.

ICS! Of course, I completely forgot about that feature, shame I can't get rid of them but I'll be happy enough to hide them. I don't want to root.

Thanks, i hope one day all apps on all phones become removable though, this is like the old days of PC's when they came preloaded with rubbish!

Upvote 0
I thought about rooting my Desire, but never did, but I like my phone the way it is and I really don't see the point of rooting just to remove apps, I have plenty of space for new apps, I just don't like clutter!

I also hear too many "horror" stories of rooted phones that lose functionality and features. I'd rather wait for ICS and see what happens then.

My evo is straight from HTC, it's not on a contract to a vendor.

Upvote 0
I thought about rooting my Desire, but never did, but I like my phone the way it is and I really don't see the point of rooting just to remove apps, I have plenty of space for new apps, I just don't like clutter!

I also hear too many "horror" stories of rooted phones that lose functionality and features. I'd rather wait for ICS and see what happens then.

My evo is straight from HTC, it's not on a contract to a vendor.

if your htc device is out of warranty ... over 1 yr old.

you can go to htc website.. they can root your htc device (some devices)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones