• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can the HTC Music app (or any others) cope with the "Album Artist" file tag?

G8D

Android Enthusiast
Sep 2, 2009
Just wondering because I have recently got an album that is full of mixed artists and within iTunes I set the global album artist to one thing. This allows me to select the album (on my iPod touch) through the artist area under one name alone, however the Hero does not treat it like this. My artist list is full of random 1 track artists and it annoys me.

As a last resort I will re tag all the files with the same artist (is there a market app to do this easily? Don't wanna screw up my iTunes library for it :/)

I haven't found any Music Player for the Hero that uses Album Artist. The Default player is pretty close though, as it only shows the album one in the album list if it is a compilation album with various artists.
Other players tend to show the album once for every unique artist on the album.. That is *really* annoying.

A workaround (in the scenario you describe) is to change the list view from Artist to Album. This of course requires that you know the title of your album ;)

D-Noc

Upvote 0
I haven't found any Music Player for the Hero that uses Album Artist. The Default player is pretty close though, as it only shows the album one in the album list if it is a compilation album with various artists.
Other players tend to show the album once for every unique artist on the album.. That is *really* annoying.

A workaround (in the scenario you describe) is to change the list view from Artist to Album. This of course requires that you know the title of your album ;)

D-Noc
I just changed it to one artist and left it as that.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones