• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 send texts from MY number?

Hello all!

This is my first post so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I'm wondering if I can link my SGS and SGT 10.1 so that I can send/receive texts on my Galaxy Tab that I am actually sending/receiving on my phone. This is something that apple users can do (my room mate rubs it in my face all the time) and I would like to see if there is some app that can do the same for the rest of us. Can I connect my phone and tablet through bluetooth and do it that way?

I know that there are apps that will allow me to make calls from GV on my tablet (I have GrooVe IP set up right now) and I've read about some apps that will assign my tablet a number and allow me to send texts (much like GV), but I want to be able to answer texts that come into my phone from my tablet.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Google Voice should be able to do that. I have my tablet (7" Tab) and my Epic handset linked to the same account. I can use the GV app to send/receive messages from either, and they all appear to come from the same phone number. If someone sends a text to me, it is available through the GV app on both devices (and the web, too). The send/receive history is automatically synced to all devices.

You can link your handset's existing number to Google Voice, and Sprint can integrate Google at the account level.

To get the full benefit on all devices, you'll use the Google Voice app on each device, instead of an SMS client.

Upvote 0
My first post on here so bare with me. Google voice is what i use as my main sms on my tablet. I am constantly putting my customers phone numbers on my calander so i can call or text a service reminder to them, and when ever i click the phone number, it asks if i want to add to contacts?

I want to send a text sms message to that number using my GV app on my tablet.

how do i integrate the GV to default so when ever a phone number is clicked on i am asked the option of sending a sms to that number? If i want to add it to contacts i would add to contacts thru my droid x2 which syncs to all my devices, i justwant a fast way to text to any phone number link using my GV.

I find myself having to copy and paste the number into GV and its a pain.

someone please help make my life and a few other sch-10 owners happy! Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I just set up Google Voice and Groove IP on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tonight. My cell is a Samsung Epic. If you want to choose which customers/phone numbers you get texts from on your tablet, simply go to Google Voice on the computer and choose Settings>Groups & Circles. There you can assign which group gets answered by Google Voice and which are not. You'll need to give out the Google Voice number from now on, use the app on your phone and tablet for text messages. This is what Google Voice was designed for--handling all your calls and text on all your devices. You can even have different greetings for each group (one for family, one for friends, one for work/clientele, etc). Very handy, if you use it the way its designed. For more help, check out youtube.come/googlevoice for videos and help. Very informative! Good luck!

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones