Can we overclock the DINC yet?

Last Updated:

1. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to Overclock the DINC yet? I have root and I am just wondering.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Absolutely. Just need a capable kernel such as the Kings or Hydras.

3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

This question was asked today?
    oh man, check out
    unrevoked

gangbusters

4. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

You can get hydras kernel already overclocked or get kings and overclock it yourself with setcpu.

But we have been able to overclock for a long while now

5. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

So glad to see that no one jumped on them and starting bashing.... I like this forum the most. you guys rock. but back to the topic. just a heads up, you should look into using setcpu and a KingXkernel. I have had the best luck with them and you can control the it more then the hydras IMO. But make sure you have a backup that works and just have fun with it. Find the one you like and let us know how it goes.

iowabowtech and necosino like this.
  6. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm sick of the Internet flame wars, and the muscles that keyboard build..

iowabowtech and necosino like this.
  7. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

Are there any overclock kernels that can be used with the stock 2.2 w/ Sense UI ROM (rooted, w/ SetCPU)? Or do these kernels depend on a deodexed ROM?

8. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I believe they do required deodexing, yes. You may be able to just use the stock rom/kernel and use setcpu with the disable perflock feature though to underclock and such. I've not had any personal experience with trying that though.

9. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

Using the stock 2.2 w/ SetCPU I have the option to underclock to 248, but not overclock past 998 (those numbers may be off, they're off the top of my head).

This is assuming that the SetCPU app will read potential processor speeds from the kernel automatically, and I don't have to set anything else. For instance if I were to open SetCPU on a deodexed ROM, it would automatically let me crank it up to 1.2ghz.

Either way I guess it's not really a big deal since I never find myself hoping for better processor speed at 1ghz. So overclocking won't do anything for me except kill the battery faster... But obviously I'd still like to play with it ;)

I'd also be interested in underclocking even further to save battery (lower than the 248 I can now, if it could be stable).

10. smtom

smtom Member

Using SetCPU to throttle down the sleep/screen lock does a superb job on any kernel, custom or stock.

SetCPU can help you save your battery, while utilizing the native speeds of the stock kernel. Said another way, you can use SetCPU to conserve your battery, while never tweaking the max clock speeds. The app does either, independently, or in concert with one another.

Multifunctional tool, that SetCPU.

11. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

Well, it's the first paid app that I put on my phone. So far, totally worth it.

12. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

if you are registered at xda you can search their forums. the developer has the app there for free

13. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

That's ok ... it's a great app -- even if it's available for free I'd consider it a donation. Figured the guy/gal did a good job so I bought him/her a beer.