• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can we overclock the DINC yet?

So glad to see that no one jumped on them and starting bashing.... I like this forum the most. you guys rock. but back to the topic. just a heads up, you should look into using setcpu and a KingXkernel. I have had the best luck with them and you can control the it more then the hydras IMO. But make sure you have a backup that works and just have fun with it. Find the one you like and let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0
Are there any overclock kernels that can be used with the stock 2.2 w/ Sense UI ROM (rooted, w/ SetCPU)? Or do these kernels depend on a deodexed ROM?

I believe they do required deodexing, yes. You may be able to just use the stock rom/kernel and use setcpu with the disable perflock feature though to underclock and such. I've not had any personal experience with trying that though.

Upvote 0
Using the stock 2.2 w/ SetCPU I have the option to underclock to 248, but not overclock past 998 (those numbers may be off, they're off the top of my head).

This is assuming that the SetCPU app will read potential processor speeds from the kernel automatically, and I don't have to set anything else. For instance if I were to open SetCPU on a deodexed ROM, it would automatically let me crank it up to 1.2ghz.

Either way I guess it's not really a big deal since I never find myself hoping for better processor speed at 1ghz. So overclocking won't do anything for me except kill the battery faster... But obviously I'd still like to play with it ;)

I'd also be interested in underclocking even further to save battery (lower than the 248 I can now, if it could be stable).

Upvote 0
Using SetCPU to throttle down the sleep/screen lock does a superb job on any kernel, custom or stock.

SetCPU can help you save your battery, while utilizing the native speeds of the stock kernel. Said another way, you can use SetCPU to conserve your battery, while never tweaking the max clock speeds. The app does either, independently, or in concert with one another.

Multifunctional tool, that SetCPU.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones