• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you switch to a stock keyboard?

Is the stock keyboard better for some reason?? I've got my portrait keyboard tweaked with comact qwerty and some other settings to where it's pretty decent. I came from a blackberry pearl where I was used to the compact qwerty and one thumb ability to text (in one had). It's harder to do this on the Inc, but I'm getting used to it. Anyway, is there any reason to want to switch to the stock android keyboard?

Upvote 0
I have a Motorola Droid. The stock keyboard on that one is awesome. There are some minute differences in the Sense UI keyboard that I don't like. Particularly when you use autocomplete it doesn't put a space in automatically. No way to change this.

I'd like to replace the keyboard apk with standard keyboard from Droid, or Nexus One etc. On older HTC phones you could disable Sense items, like on the Eris etc. This isn't possible on the INcredible.

Upvote 0
I have a Motorola Droid. The stock keyboard on that one is awesome. There are some minute differences in the Sense UI keyboard that I don't like. Particularly when you use autocomplete it doesn't put a space in automatically. No way to change this.

I'd like to replace the keyboard apk with standard keyboard from Droid, or Nexus One etc. On older HTC phones you could disable Sense items, like on the Eris etc. This isn't possible on the INcredible.

I gotcha now. Sorry, I'm out of ideas! :(
Good Luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones