Canadians! Were you able to snatch one today?General

1. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

Hello fellow Canadians!

Before it went on sale today, I had everything set up in my Google Wallet. I was ready to buy it. When the sale finally went live, I was added it to cart, only to find out that I can buy a maximum of one device per account. Even though I was able to add to cart right away, the proceed button just took forever to process. By the time it reached the payment screen, shipping has already changed from 1-2 to 3-4 weeks. I bought it anyway. Then I quickly went on my Dad's account and added my CC to the wallet, by that time, shipping is at 6-7 weeks. Nonetheless, I was able to buy two today, both are for my family members.

Were you guys able to grab one of your own?

Advertisement
  2. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

wtf?? the first purchase should have only taken you less than a minute! they must have found a "few" extra boxes under a desk and thought "let's hand these to the canadians! and create over hyped demand!" :p
  3. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

Well whenever I hit the "Process", it just gives me an error "Due to high demand, your order could not be processed. Please try again later." So I kept spamming the Process button, and by the time it worked, shipping time has already changed :(

Yeah, I used a US Proxy to check the US Play store, and you guys are still in stock for the 16gb. The Canadian Play store went out of stock within an hour. I wonder if they're actually selling "leftovers" from the US second batch.
  4. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

I was able to get one yesterday after being considerably bummed on launch day (when twice I had a device in my cart, only for it to disappear).

My order yesterday went through at 3:30 pm EST, and says 1-2 weeks shipping! Hooray!
  5. neilfries

neilfries Active Member

I was sad to find out that they were sold out super quick. I was travelling home Monday due to bad weather conditions and completely missed the launch. I'm still hoping for next time.
  6. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I heard it wont be available again till after christmas.
  7. PrestonF

PrestonF Member

Ya, I was sitting there refreshing the page right at 3pm to see when it would go on sale. 3 minutes later the 16gig version was available and after clicking proceed maybe 25 times, I was finally able to get it for the 1-2 weeks. Very excited!