1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot Find Locale??

Last Updated:

1. longside1

longside1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I've been looking for this app:

Locale for Android

The website states that it can be downloaded over at Android Market but I can't find it anywhere.

Apologies in advance if I'm missing something here, but I've only just received my first Android phone (HTC Hero) and am therefore a bit of a n00b at all this!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. thehand

thehand Member

I read somewhere the this aplication slowsdown the phone and causes some bugs... dont know if it

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

There are many apps that have "Locale" as part of their name ... Take a look at these to see which one you want ... >>> Cyrket - Search: 'locale'

4. ankhwk2008

ankhwk2008 New Member

I also have been unsuccessful in locating Locale in the Android Market. I did read on the Support on their site that you had to have Android 1.5 or above in order for you to be able to view it in the market. I don't see on my phone that I just received yesterday where I can check the version and I also checked to see if there were any updates and there were none.

Hopefully this trips some triggers for someone else to come up with some ideas.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

In Market, try using Search for "pname:edu.mit.locale". It's definitely there.

6. ankhwk2008

ankhwk2008 New Member

I found the solution. I called T-Mobile last night and the told me that I had to wait about 48 hrs after recieving my new G1 before their system would push the Cupcake update allowing you to find Locale in the Market. It is not compatible with version 1.0-1.4, therefore you will not be able to find it.

Hope this helps!

7. ankhwk2008

ankhwk2008 New Member

I forgot to mention that if you don't get the update you can call T-mobile and they will send a request to push the update to your phone. Just dial 611.

8. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member