• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot open TWRP Image

Hey people... Trying to root an Moto G5S, something I have never done, and coming up with an error message when I try and flash the TWRP image.

I have unlocked the bootloader.

Found what I believe to be the correct TWRP image for my phone (Montana) and renamed it recovery.img

Copied the TWRP image into Minimal and Fastboot ADB folder

Ran the command 'Fastboot devices' and got the following response "zy322m6jmm" which I assume means my phone is connected.

Ran the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and get the following message:
error: cannot open 'recovery.img'

Tried downloading TWRP image a couple more times from different sources but still getting the error.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks...

Arkwright

Thanks for the replies guys...

I don't know how to verify the image as described, first time trying to root a phone.

I copied the twrp image into the minimal abd and fastboot folder and then opened a command window in that folder. Is that correct?

Just now open the minimal-fastboot_adb program and try cmds again

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones