• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access rss feeds in internet browser

Michael248

Lurker
Jul 23, 2013
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I'll give it a shot. I just got a Tab 2 Tablet and decided to try to subscribe to some rss feeds. I need the feed url to paste into my rss reader. But when I go an rss feed in the internet browser, I'm redirected to the Google Reader page which has been shut down. Is there any way I can make the browser go to the rss feed page? Is there a setting somewhere where I can turn off this behavior?
I've tried googling it over and over again and all I can come up with are sites about google reader alternatives. I just want to subscribe to rss feeds.

An RSS pushes every update/new item on a certain blog/webpage. RSS feeds feed an app like gReader or Flipboard, which you can download in the Play Store.
If you do not fancy to view the RSS feed in an app, www.ifttt.com (IF This Then That) can help you translating/publishing RSS feeds to other channels like e-mail, twitter or facebook. Please let us know if you got your problem resolved. G'luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones