1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Can't call one specific phone numberSupport

Last Updated:

1. djrlosthisname

djrlosthisname New Member

Hi all,

I recently got an HTC Desire HD and today came across a peculiar problem. I am no longer able to call a specific number. Whenever I try, the regular call-out screen is displayed and the phone remains silent for a little bit, then I hear a beeping noise along with the noise the phone makes when you lock / unlock the phone.

This is really strange because I phoned this number last night and was connected. I can phone other numbers and I can phone other numbers associated to that contact.

I've seen a few similar threads but no real solution. Anyone know what I could do to fix it?

Thanks

Specs:
    HTC Desire HD
    Android v2.3.3
    HTC Sense v2.1

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you tried deleting the number from the phonebook, then re adding?
  3. djrlosthisname

djrlosthisname New Member

Yeah. Tried it with no luck.

Interestingly enough, I tried inserting a different sim and had no issues with dialling the number. Once I put back in my sim, the same problem. I can call any phone in the world I want to, except for that one.

Could this really be a network issue?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Not sure, if works with another SIM, it could be? Is the number from another country or the one you're calling from?

Can you send a text to it (presuming it's a mobile)?

I'd an issue with certain numbers as a result of an earlier version of the facebook app. It stored the country code separately so whenever I tried to dial/text a contact that had a facebook account linked to it it would omit the country code so the number dialed was 7985 258554 as opposed to 07985 258554 or +447985 258554.

That's a fake number by the way, just using it as an example ;)
  5. djdillpickle

djdillpickle Well-Known Member

well....
  6. djdillpickle

djdillpickle Well-Known Member

Clearly, you just proved that. :)
  7. kata999

kata999 New Member

Have somebody fixed this? I really need an answer. This has been happening to me for like two month, but before that I could easily call that number and I can still text the number.
  8. jenkuopin

jenkuopin New Member

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4. I cannot dial to my home phone number.