• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't call one specific phone number

Hi all,

I recently got an HTC Desire HD and today came across a peculiar problem. I am no longer able to call a specific number. Whenever I try, the regular call-out screen is displayed and the phone remains silent for a little bit, then I hear a beeping noise along with the noise the phone makes when you lock / unlock the phone.

This is really strange because I phoned this number last night and was connected. I can phone other numbers and I can phone other numbers associated to that contact.

I've seen a few similar threads but no real solution. Anyone know what I could do to fix it?

Thanks

Specs:
HTC Desire HD
Android v2.3.3
HTC Sense v2.1

Not sure, if works with another SIM, it could be? Is the number from another country or the one you're calling from?

Can you send a text to it (presuming it's a mobile)?

I'd an issue with certain numbers as a result of an earlier version of the facebook app. It stored the country code separately so whenever I tried to dial/text a contact that had a facebook account linked to it it would omit the country code so the number dialed was 7985 258554 as opposed to 07985 258554 or +447985 258554.

That's a fake number by the way, just using it as an example ;)

Upvote 0
Having EXACTLY the same issue! For years called my mum with Galaxy Exhilarate (S10?), then it stopped working and started doing exactly as described here-that one number on the entire planet. I spent $200 (!) on a new Motorola G5 from the same phone company (Consumer cellular) which meant a different sim card was shipped with it.
SAME PROBLEM!
Alas I did restore my settings so as not to lose 500+ phone numbers. But it CLEARLY isn't the phone, isn't the sim card. Can't imagine what's going on, there simply aren't settings for number blocking I've found on Android 7 +.
My second line/home is also with Consumer Cellular. Calls that number NO PROBLEM.
Somebody must have an idea?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones