• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't change Calendar Reminder sounds!

SimonD

Lurker
Feb 19, 2010
Hi,

I've searched this forum and although I can find plenty of threads about calendars I can't quite find the answer this this question!

I recently got an HTC Hero (actually a (UK)T-Mobile G2) which I think is fantastic. The only problem I have is to do with the Calendar Event Alert sound. T-Mobile supply it with this noise that is awful - it sounds like someone scraping their fingernails down a blackboard. It's horrid!

I've tried changing it by going into the Calendar then doing Menu -> Settinggs -> Reminders -> Reminder sounds and then selecting a different sounds but it's no use. I even tried removing and re-adding the Exchange account but I can't get it to stop playing that awful noise!

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones