1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Change lock screen using Nova LauncherTips

Last Updated:

1. Trishpointoh

Trishpointoh New Member This Topic's Starter

I just discovered you could change pretty much everything on Android phones.. I was a previous iPhone user. I recently aquired Nova Launcher and I can't seem to figure out how to use it on my lock screen. I've seen it happen before. Can anyone lend some advice to a new Android user?

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Nova itself isn't a lock screen app as it is meant only to modify your Home Launcher experience. TeslaCoil, the company behind it, makes a lock screen app called Widget Locker. There are others out there as well. Going to the Play Store page for Widget Locker will point you to similar apps. I used Go Locker for a while, but like the stock lock screen with the caption for now.

3. rmrlc

rmrlc Well-Known Member

Under lock screen setting find unlock effects set to none.

4. dtrin

dtrin New Member

You can do it although it is very obscure: hold on a page to change the wallpaper; touch the wallpaper icon bottom left; slide bottom images to the left until you get to "Apps and Themes"; touch this; touch wallpaperpick...: on top left touch "Home Screen" and then pick "Lock Screen". Yikes - they could have made it simpler!

5. Bl1zz4rd

Bl1zz4rd Member

What specifically does Nova Launcher not change? I think I can remember using it on my S4 ages ago and it didn't change the settings menu, for instance, and that looked very odd in contrast to all the nice new "stock" icons.