Can't Delete over 3000 text MessagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. dj.sicoli

dj.sicoli New Member This Topic's Starter

On My HTC Magic, i have over 3000 text messages in my phone and i want to delete them all its all under one group. Every time i try to delete the whole thread my phone keeps freezing and the screen turns black then i get an error of Aplication Messages (in process com.andriod.mms) which if i hit force close it but the messages are still there lol. I would like to delete this thread to make my messages faster.

Advertisement
  2. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

You could use the Android App "SMS Backup and Restore" to backup your SMS messages to your SD and then copy that file over onto a PC. Use Excel to open the saved saved XML file and delete the messages you want.

After editing the XML file save it back to the SD and then you can use the app to delete the SMS data on your phone. After that perform a restore using the edited XML file and you should be good to go.

gbd

3. TheIllin'Villain

TheIllin'Villain New Member

What if you have a mac? Ive run into this problem before and its startin to piss me off :(. Last time i had to reset my phone back to factory standards. When will HTC fix this problem?

4. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

Not sure what your Mac problem is, Mac/Linux/windoze can all open xml files if you have a half decent spreadsheet installed.