• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download MP3 to my G1

EllisDTripp

Lurker
Jan 19, 2011
I have a G1 phone and I connected it to my PC running on Windows 7 with a USB cable. The PC recognizes it and lists it as an "unknown device" in Device Manager, but not as a drive location in Computer --- only my hard drive and my external storage drive are listed there.

I have a 4GB card for my phone and it's installed, as I use it for photos.

I have selected the "Mount" command on the G1 to mount it to the PC.

I then select a single MP3 on my PC, I right-click it and select "copy", then I try to paste it onto the G1, but when I right-click the G1 shortcut I created on my PC desktop, it doesn't give me an option to "paste" what I just copied. I also tried opening the PC file window where I keep my MP3 files and tried dragging and dropping one into the G1 shortcut, but that didn't work either --- I can drag & drop it, but the file doesn't get copied onto the G1. I also disconnected the phone after I dragged and dropped to check it and there's no music there. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the G1 a few times and that doesn't help either.

So I don't know how to get an MP3 copied from my PC to the G1.

I would like to know specifically:

1) How can I copy MP3 files from my PC to my G1 considering the issues described above, i.e., am I doing something wrong and what do you suggest to enable the G1 to accept my MP3 files from my PC?

2) How do I get my PC to recognize the G1 as a storage drive & list it as such when I go to My Computer? I assume that's part of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones