• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.

Omega10101

Lurker
Jan 17, 2015
Yes yes, I know this problem has been addressed many times before, however, I was wondering if there was any way to fix this problem on my Sprint L720t Samsung Galaxy s4 (Android version 4.4.2 Kitkat) without root access.

I successfully rooted my device with the Towelroot method once before, only to make the foolish mistake of updating my Software version to NF+. Now I know Towelroot can be fixed to work for NF+, but the method defeats the purpose of a non-computer root method.

I've had this problem for awhile now, and it's really only been bugging me because it is restricting me from using a Google account to access one of my game's accounts (Yes, I have spoken with the game's support, there is no way to access the in-game account without a Google account).

I've heard of a YouTube method, but I think that is for android versions like Gingerbread. I have the appropriate version of YouTube, but I am unable to install it because I can't get rid of the version of YouTube I have now, due to it being a factory app.
If someone could provide an appropriate version of YouTube for the YouTube method (with a changed package name), I would greatly appreciate it.

If all else fails, I suppose I will resort to rooting my device with a computer (Although it will be hard since I don't own one). If you'd like to help me with that, please lead me to a good article/tutorial for rooting a Sprint L720t Samsung Galaxy s4 (android version 4.4.2 KitKat)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones